coconut lavender coffee B L I S S
So I dropped the ball on one of my favorite days of the year... no it wasn't National Yoga Day or National Taco Day (although to be completely honest I almost missed that one too, but my HelloFresh came with a taco kit so all was good!)...
It was National Coffee Day!
I'm pretty sure I still poured myself a quality cup of coffee that day, but on National Coffee Day I feel like you really need to appreciate coffee for what it is... deliciously smooth, eye opening, mood mellowing, hot bean water. So in honor of National Coffee Day here’s a little cuppa I whipped up over the weekend that embodies all of these things.
Coconut Lavender Coffee Bliss
1. Brew up a pot of your favorite coffee. My latest obsession is Bob Marley's One Love Ethiopian YirgaCheffe - seriously soooo good!
2. While your coffee is a brewin' - crank up some Bob Marley and shake a can of coconut milk while you dance around your kitchen... this step is non-negotiable and guaranteed to put you in a good mood.
3. Heat the coconut milk over med heat until it comes to a simmer. Add 1 tbsp of dried culinary lavender to the pot, cover, and remove from heat. Let sit for about 10-15 minutes while the lavender infuses.
4. Grab your favorite mug, pour yourself a cup, and add creamer to your liking!
5. Sip, dance, sing, and enjoy
Store any leftover creamer in a mason jar in the fridge an it will keep for a week. As the creamer chills, the oil will separate and solidify in the jar making the creamer a little lighter, which I prefer.
Save the oil and your coffee grounds and stay tuned!....