A L O H A | Breakfast Cookies
You had me at breakfast... and then again at cookie!
I have an insatiable sweet tooth! So when I found this Blueberry Chocolate Chip Breakfast Protein Cookie recipe by Rachl Mansfield over on ALOHA's website I had to try it!
This was my first time cooking with protein powder which is why I sought out a recipe instead of winging it and oh boy am I glad I did! These protein packed babies are amazing! I would have never thought to combine dark chocolate with blueberries and I'm so glad Rachl did because I'm officially in love! These cookies will be making a regular appearance on my breakfast plate!
Check out the recipe below!
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (or your preferred creamy nut butter)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon liquid coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup ALOHA Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons organic blueberries (washed and dried)
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- organic cane sugar (to sprinkle on top) *I added this one to make it a little sweeter :)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Mix together the egg, coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla and nut butter in a bowl
- In another bowl, mix together the protein powder, coconut flour, and baking powder
- Add dry ingredients to wet then mix well
- Fold in the blueberries and chocolate chips then form into cookies and line on tray
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and enjoy!
- *Store in fridge for up to a week